PVA Seal

Darlene M. Plummer

Kenton County
Property Valuation Administrator

Motor Vehicle Affidavit

The motor vehicle affidavit must be completed and submitted to the PVA office when you need to remove your vehicle from the tax roll. If you have sold or moved your vehicle out of state, junked, totaled, or had your vehicle repossessed prior to January 1st of the current tax year, then you may be exonerated from those taxes. If you own the vehicle on January 1 of that tax year, you are responsible for taxes. You must complete the form below and provide proper proof of documentation regarding what happened to the vehicle.

Download the Affidavit for Motor Vehicles/Boats/Trailers.

You can download, complete and return this form to our office.

Proof of Documentation that is Accepted:

Moved Out of State:

  • Copy of Registration from new state of residency
  • Copy of Title of Transfer
  • Letter from your insurance company on their letterhead with VIN#, make & model and date your policy was transferred to new state of residency.
  • Closing papers from purchase of a new home

Sold Vehicle Out of State:

  • Copy of back and front of Title signed over to new owner
  • Copy of notarized Bill of Sale
  • Letter from your insurance company on their letterhead with VIN#, make & model and date your vehicle was dropped from policy.

Junked Vehicle

  • Receipt from the Junk/Salvage Yard
  • Junked Title (which is done through the County Clerk's office)

Totaled Vehicle

  • Letter from insurance company with VIN#, make & model and settlement date and total loss

Repossessed Vehicle

  • Repossession Notification from Lien-holder with date of repossession and/or date to be sold

The PVA is required by the state to receive a completed and signed affidavit and supporting documentation. The motor vehicle taxes will not be removed from the tax roll until proper documentation has been submitted. Should you have further questions please contact us directly at 859-392-1750 or info.kentonpva@kentoncounty.org.

While the Kenton County Property Valuation Administrator (PVA) strives to make the information on this website as timely and accurate as possible, the PVA office makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this site, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this site.

No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including, but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this website or its links to other Internet resources.

Reference in this site to any specific governmental/commercial product, process, or service, or the use of any trade, firm or governmental/corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Kenton County Property Valuation Administrator.

What's happening in the PVA office?

2018 digital aerial photographs
have arrived!

FutureHome  FutureHome

Aerial “oblique” of the future home of the PVA Office (left).
Aerial “ortho” photograph (right) location of the future site of the Kenton County Building.
2018 Aerial imagery provided by Pictometry

We're here to serve you!

Covington Office
303 Court Street, Room 210
Covington, Kentucky 41011-1638
(859) 392-1750
(859) 392-1770  (Fax)
Driving directions

Monday through Friday:
8:15 A.M. - 4:15 P.M.

Independence Office
5272 Madison Pk.
Independence, KY 41051-7944
(859) 392-1678
(859) 392-1681 (Fax)
Driving directions

Mon,Tue,Thur,Fri: 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Wednesday:        10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.

Mailing Address/Email Address
303 Court Street, Room 210
Covington, Kentucky 41011-1638


facebook Like us on Facebook

twitter follow us on twitter

join  Sign up for email announcements